Saturday, March 29, 2014

Persistance…and patience…

A friend sent me some passages to read recently to help me with a situation I am dealing with.  What emerged was this artwork.  A steel heart.. riveted together, disconnected, perhaps even shielded… a hardened heart.

In any case, it is what it is… I am not going to say much more about it.  Except that doing this piece took longer than some of the others.. The pen on the heart was slower, the imagery overall harder to come by… 
During the process I found wanting to abandon it easy.  I had to fight the urge to leave it alone, scattered, unfinished.  So I kept at it.  It was fascinating to me that after I 'found' the image in my mind I knew what it was going to be -- I knew where I was headed with it… Its like I could see it in my mind and once it was there it was almost tedious to get in out on the page.  I kept with it though.  This work taught me patience, to acknowledge my hand working slower than my mind, and persistence.. to keep at it even though my mind was already on the next thing before my hand had even finished drawing the first… 

Onward….

No comments:

Post a Comment