Saturday, April 12, 2014

The second Start…Now.


The first Start….Now painting, on the blue green background, as it turns out, could not be touched… to paint into that deep blue green ocean of color would be to mar it… and so I began another…
It seemed to make sense…
and on this second one, I was able to invoke playfulness and deep honest mindfulness centered on the real time process of creating.
Everything here came from my imagination.. The first time I have done an entirely imaginative painting on canvas without looking at any real object or photo to paint from.   Inspired first by color, then line and shape, each object in this piece was created in response to being in the process of creating.  Starting with the trees on the rocky shore the rest simply emerged as I was working… without a plan or agenda… Every stroke, line and shape on this painting evolved from the one before, out of a need to continue in the process of the painting… Seeking visual balance and harmony I worked until it was finished.  Of course that's what anyone does do when creating something…but in this case, in the middle of working on it, I could not have told you what would happen next, or when the piece would be finished.  I just kept working until it felt done.

No comments:

Post a Comment